Purpose: The primary purpose of this document is to provide prospective clients with four major strategies or tools to manage differences or diversity issues in the workplace.
Snowell Consulting Inc. has built an an extensive history and reputation for designing and facilitating diversity training initiatives to clients within the City of Philadelphia, Philadelphia suburbs, and lastly along the east coast of the United States.
Listed below are four primary ways Snowell Consulting Inc. has assisted clients with managing diversity issues: 1. Diversity training workshops, 2. Team Building (Training)Sessions, 3. Mediation Services, 4. Executive and Professional Coaching Services.
- Customizes training material in the form of a participant or facilitator guide to reflect the needs, problems, and concerns of our clients.
- Presents diversity, practical tips and advice in a non-threatening manner so that the participants walk away from this type of learning opportunity feeling empowered and connecting better with each other.
- Offers training content that involves case studies, diversity assessments, role-plays, dynamic discussions, and shows participants how to utilize and apply the information learned on a daily basis at work.
- The primary return or reward to prospective clients after Snowell Consulting Inc. facilitates a diversity training workshop is that employees and managers have clearer expectations about the appropriate behaviors and actions that foster valuing differences within the workplace along with practical tips to resolve diversity conflicts within the workplace.
- The primary purpose of the team building session is to address very specific issues confronting a small group where the disagreements are usually due to personality differences, communication issues, racial or cultural differences or work performance issues.
- In order to conduct team building sessions, Snowell Consulting Inc. typically has a discussion with clients before delivering the team building workshop so that the training material can be customized to meet the clients' needs and so that clients know exactly the content and talking points to be mentioned in the team building sessions.
- Mediation services should be utilized when clients have a clear understanding about the primary problems and conflicts that exist between two or more employees within the workplace.
- It is important to note that mediation as an intervention is not utilized by Snowell Consulting Inc. as a group intervention, but solely as an inter-personal intervention.
- Before starting mediation sessions, Snowell Consulting Inc. will ask that clients clearly identify the employees to participate in the mediation sessions as well as the issues and problems to be discussed during the mediation session.
- Someone in management is the primary source or cause of the diversity conflicts within a particular department or team.
- Executives, managers, or supervisors need to improve their people skills in general or in particular improve their ability to manage diversity issues within their team or department.
- Managers or supervisors need to be coached regarding how to resolve various perceptions related to diversity issues or problems before implementing diversity training sessions, team building sessions, or mediation sessions.
At the completion of the professional coaching sessions, Snowell Consulting Inc. writes an evaluation along with an assessment regarding how the person being coached has improved along with final recommendations for management.