Sunday, July 10, 2011

Two New Marketing Projects For Snowell Consulting Inc.

In an effort to continue to market my business, I have started to collaborate with two professional people I met at my local library and their names are Chris And Harriet.

Project#1:
As a result of Harriet helping me to set up my first business blog, I have also hired her to assist me with setting up a new website for just my training programs.

This new business website will capture the essence of all of the different training programs I have designed over the past twenty years.

There are several characteristics of the training programs I designed which include the following features:

Written in a language participants can clearly understand.

Contains ice breakers, case studies, discussion questions, assessments, lecture notes etc.

May include a participant training manual for the people who attend a particular training program as well as a facilitator training manual for the trainers who will be training the participants for a major corporate training initiative.

Features an overall metaphor with action verbs so that participants can easily talk about and explain the title of a given training program ie. such as "Going The Extra Mile", "Staying In The Right Lane", and "Connecting With People Each And Everyday".

Highlights the importance of applying the information within a training program to practical, common, and everyday issues that employees and managers confront on daily basis.

Contains high quality graphics and pictures that visually reinforce the major message or concept being taught within the training manual.

Second Project#2:
The second major project I am starting this week involves making my marketing material user friendly and interactive. Chris Pomrink, a recent graduate of Temple University and gifted at video production, is going to make the logo for Snowell Consulting Inc. have animated features.

Video: Chris Pomrink and I will start filming a promotional video tomorrow which provides an overview of the services offered by Snowell Consulting Inc. In essence, it will feature simple explanations and content regarding the type of work Snowell Consulting Inc. does for its corporate clients and various organizations.

This promotional video when completed will be available on several social media networking sites such as: facebook personal page, facebook business page, linkedin, business blog, and website.


Life Applications:
Many times people get very frustrated with the various technology changes currently taking place on the internet. At times, it is very difficult to master the processes within the various social media networking sites.

However, I have noticed friends and business professionals try to do it all by themselves. If you do it this way, you will get frustrated. I have learned the importance of putting a team of people together who know various social media networking sites.

This team approach will enable you to spend more time in servicing your clients and customers.

Thank You For My Support Team:
Daryel Jarman did a very good job in putting up my first business website. He also assisted me in setting up my first facebook-business page as well as my first twitter account.

Khalya Atta, a graduate of Lehigh University, has been assisting me with not only proofreading my marketing, educational, and training documents, but also setting up my first linkedin profile. It did not take her long to upload my resume as well as my picture to my linkedin account. Lastly, Khayla finds new client leads for me.

Harriet from the LaMott Library located in my residental neighborhood also taught me the importance of providing links on all of the social networking sites so that by going on the one site, anyone can also gain access to the other marketing or social networking sites.

Lastly, Daryel who set up my business website this week added links for facebook and twitter on my business website.

Concluding Remarks:
It is important in life not to be a "lone ranger"----instead try to put a team of people in place so that you can achieve your goals regarding marketing your business in a much faster and productive manner.

I can truly say that the right people placed in the right job with the right assignment has helped and assisted me with marketing and growing my business.

Furthermore, I am sleeping better and not worrying as much about marketing my business, Snowell Consulting Inc. because there is an entire team behind me who are teaching and showing me the importance of utilizing an internet technology team to market and grow my business.

Indicators of Being In The Wrong Place:
How do you know when you are in the wrong place with social networking marketing? You are in the wrong place when you are trying to do every thing by yourself. In addition, if you do not know the current technology stuff, that may be fine for some people, but for those who are committed to growing their techology skills set---just get someone to show you the basics.

Today, in everyday conversations, I continue to tell people about the marketing projects I am trying to complete and usually I am able to get additional ideas from others.

Whenever I place new content on my social networking sites, I ask "like-minded people" (Tara Colquitt's concept) to evaluate and provide feedback to me. My friends such as Claude Parker and Tara, The Credit Woman, LLC., I can count on to provide sound advice and excellent suggestions about how to improve a particular communication document or message.

As I mentioned last week, you can make great progress by "taking small steps" to complete a marketing project---now today I am sharing the importance of "taking small steps" with a team of people undergirding and supporting you with your projects.


Discussion Questions:

Are you a "lone ranger" when you start or work on your marketing projects?

Who are the professional people who undergird and support you with your marketing projects?

How do you reward people when they assist or help you with your marketing projects?

What feedback do you obtain or receive from others after you post your content about your marketing projects?

Final Thought:
I am mentioning a quote from Ghandi who once said, "Be the change you want to see in the world".

In applying Ghandi's advice to marketing my business, I also want to market and highlight the team of people who are undergirding and supporting the content within all of the various social media networking sites affilitated with my business, Snowell Consulting Inc. I am sincerely trying to be the change of appreciating others.

This compassion or appreciation and respect for others I would like to see in the workplace and the world on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Uncle Jeff!!!!..u and your team keep up the good work...very interesting!!!:-)...love always your niece Nadirah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting comments to my blog. Please continue to provide feedback because you never know how helpful your comments might be to the enduser.